Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hawaii Part 2


The second part of my Hawaii trip was spent on the island of Oahu. I stayed in Honolulu. Right away I noticed how much busier Honolulu is compared to Kona on the Big Island. It is definitely more of a tourist destination. Anyway, I did my share of touristy activities. I visited Hanuama bay nature preserve. It was once a volcanic crater but because of the collapse of its wall, the Pacific Ocean flooded the crater and a marine bay was created. There's a variety of marine life living in the bay. I was able to explore it by going snorkeling here too!

Hanuama Bay

Snorkel Mask!
I also visited the Byodo-In Temple at the Valley of the Temples Memorial Park.

Byodo-In Temple
Koi Fish & Black Swans

I also went to the Dole plantation. The pineapples in Hawaii are so delicious!

Dole Plantation

Dole Plantation Train Tour

Largest Maze in the World!
I also managed to snap these pictures along the way during the trip! 

Rainbow Eucalyptus Tree

Chinaman's Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment